Can I eat meat during a cleanse?

Is it okay to eat meat during a cleanse?Hi Greg-

I haven’t been able to find anything in the guide about meat? Am I able to eat any kind of meat?

Thank you!
Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Yes, do not eat solid proteins while performing the cleanse. Your protein comes from the greens and quinoa grain .

Proteins take a lot of energy to break down, and they take away from the body’s ability to cleanse. You won’t burn muscle or anything like that. You won’t shut your metabolism down, just giving the body a different fuel source while on the cleanse .

Being lean on protein is fine. I am a big believer of proteins, just not while on the cleanse.

Coming off the cleanse try not to eat red meat for a couple of weeks, even 30 days if possible. Introduce other proteins like chicken and fish slowly by having less than 6 ounces per serving and chewing the food really well so that the enzymes in your mouth maximize your assimilation, breakdown and absorption of the protein .

Hope that helps!

Greg

6 Responses

1. Lakiema Converse
    Lakiema Converse May 23, 2014 at 4:44 pm | | Reply

So I can eat like grill or baked meats doing a cleansing?

1. Gregory Joujon-Roche
      Gregory Joujon-Roche May 25, 2014 at 7:18 pm | | Reply

Hi Lakiema,

During a cleanse we always suggest following our dietary suggestions in the cleanse booklet. If you have questions regarding specific foods, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Best,
      Greg

2. Mary Fredrickson
    Mary Fredrickson July 15, 2014 at 1:50 pm | | Reply

I ordered a cleanse via Groupon and received NO information about how to use this product. Really? Went to the website, and I can order the book – don’t want to do that. Can’t you just give some basic information about a 4-day cleanse?

1. Ketty Joujon-Roche
      Ketty Joujon-Roche July 17, 2014 at 1:28 am | | Reply

In the back of they cleanse are the instruction to download the instruction booklet. It is there free for you to get :)
      The ebook, One Body One Life is a different thing.

3. Brittney Ormond
    Brittney Ormond September 23, 2014 at 12:03 am | | Reply

I also purchased my products through a Groupon. I followed the steps but it wants me to put in my Credit Card information. I don’t want to purchase more products just to get the booklet. Is there any way you can just email me the link?

1. Ketty Joujon-Roche
      Ketty Joujon-Roche September 25, 2014 at 11:10 am | | Reply

Hi, Brittney :)
      We wouldn’t ask for the credit card info just to download the booklet…I feel like you ended up in the page where you would purchase the actual cleanse. We tried to email you the booklet but it bounced back to us…Maybe that account doesn’t accept big files? Would you have an alternate address?